With over 500 hours of video content uploaded to YouTube every minute and more on other social media platforms, the most puzzling question to ask yourself is- which video editing software would make my videos competitive in such a world?
If you are looking for the best free video editing software to use, this is the best place for you. In this article, you will learn:
- Whether to use the free or paid video editing software
- The features of the best free video editing software
As the internet is increasingly becoming a hub for every app and software-good and bad- you should pay more attention to what has been tried and tested. All the software highlighted herein is highly recommended.
For you to select the best video editing software for the device, read all the features.
Is The Free Video Editing Software Worth Your Time?
Is it just a saying- nothing comes on a silver platter or it’s actually true? In business, the term “invitation to treat” is often used. To attract a potential customer or in our case a subscriber, you have to offer the first stepping stone to motivate an interested party make his first forward step with more intent.
The free video editing software is neither substandard nor inferior when compared to paid video editors. In most cases, the term “Free” is used to stand for the first subscription plan that is 100% free but has some limited features. Videos edited with the free plan often bear the watermark of the software.
So, is the free video editing software worth your time? The answer is a bold –Yes. Why?
- If you are a beginner, or it’s your first time to use the software, you can use the free subscription plan so know whether the features meet video standards.
- Since not all software is compatible with your device, any recommended free video editing software is worth your time. Take advantage of any of these software and if it works perfectly with your device, upgrade your subscription.
- The free video editors help save money.
- To avoid complexities, use the free editors for they have fewer features.
Free Video Editing Software VS Paid Video Editors
It is a fact that the majority of the video editors are quite expensive. On the hand, we also have some absolutely free video editing software. Can a paid video editor be equated with a free video editor? Or, does the payable video editors produce high-quality videos as opposed to the other?
To my demystify the above illusions, compare and contrast these two options in the chart below:
|Free Video Editing Software||Paid Video Editors.|
|No credit card isrequired|
Some don’t require account opening nor ask for personal account
Some edited videos have a watermark
Availability of upgrade options
|To access any paid editor you must have a credit card|
Account opening is mandatory
The majority have no trial period
They are purposely made for commercial purposes
Have only monthly or annual payment options
Whether you settle for the free video editing software or the highest-paid video editor, the greatest factors to consider is the number of features and simplicity of the interface. Again, you should carefully read the free video editor recommendation made by users.
Top 5 Free Video Editing Software 2020
After intense testing and evaluation of over 20 free video editors, we emerged with 5 video editors that can be used by both experts and beginners. Secondly, in aligning our tests to each free video editor recommendation, we found almost every comment to be made in good faith.
Here is the best 5 free video editing software for desktop.
1. OpenShot Video Editor – Best free video editing software for Windows, Mac and Linux
OpenShot Video Editor tops our list due to several reasons. Among them, include-
- It’s free to use
- It’s an open-source video editor
- Compatible with a wide variety of devices
- Friendly user interface
If you want a video editor to edit your 3D animated videos or create a multi-layered video, this is your best option. With hundreds of video effects, speed presetting and rich title editor texts, you can create the most engaging tutorial videos.
Despite the high number of features, this free videos editor continues to be the preferred choice by all beginners- thanks to the drag and drop options.
2. WeVideo – Best online free video editor for Windows, Chromebook, mobile and Mac
Based on the free video editor recommendation and our tests, this should be your second best choice and for many reasons.
- Its Integratable with most of the social media platforms
- Can produce videos in vertical, horizontal and square formats
- It’s cloud-based and thus offers unlimited storage space
- Million-Plus built-in royalty-free images, videos and music
If you are a content marketer or social media marketer, we suggest you download this video editor. Wevideo enables you to edit videos from anywhere and instantly upload videos to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and other platforms.
3. ClipChamp – The best free video editing software with pro features
How would you feel after using anything designed for the elite without spending a single penny? That’s why ClipChamp is our third best free video editor. This is due to these reasons:
- Availability of a wide library of free-to-use customizable video templates
- Best for creating and uploading videos on YouTube and Instagram
- It’s an easy-to-use online video editor
- Suitable for all file formats and types
As an all-in-one video editor, converter and webcam recorder, you can start and complete your project without searching for pausing to search for resources from other media files. With plenty of features like video backgrounds, effects, filters, transitions and HD resolution still images you can create the best cinematic videos.
4. Blender – Best free video editor for animated videos, tutorial videos and game artists
Our fourth best video editing software is Blender. These are the reasons:
- Ability to produce HD and 4K videos
- Availability of sound mixer and waveform visualization
- Can multilayer up to 32 different videos, scenes and still images
- Inbuilt video sequence editor
Downloading the Blender 2.8 version was the best option for us. It’s easy to work with and has plenty of shortcuts that will help complete your work faster. The customizable theme colours, user-friendly interface and tracking features will also make this software your best partner.
5. VSDC Free Video Editor – Best free video editing software for all audio, video and image formats
According to our research, this software has the best free video editor recommendation. It features in our list due to the following factors:
- Plenty of audio and visual effects
- Masking features
- Easy to upload videos to social media platforms
- Suitable for all file formats
VSDC Free Video Editor is the best tool for video editors due to the YouTube Uploader and video capturing options. You can also create 4K and HD videos in less than 5 minutes.
No software is 100% perfect. Equally, no human is perfect. But if you concentrate on the positive sides, you’ll find plenty to admire in everything and in all that you do.
If you want to use the best free video editing software, the above-recommended video editors should top your list.