Wondershare PDFelement is a popular tool used to convert PDF to PowerPoint on Mac. It is easy to use for beginners and experienced individuals alike. They can create, edit, annotate, secure, and sign PDF files with Wondershare PDFelement. The tool is frequently employed by teachers, students, and professionals who may have to create presentations from PDF files.
A Step-by-step Guide on How to Use Wondershare PDFelement to Convert PDF to PowerPoint on Mac
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Wondershare PDFelement to convert PDF to PowerPoint on Mac. Follow along to change the file format easily and quickly with the application.
Step 1. Launch Wondershare PDF Element – The first step is to launch Wondershare PDFelement on your Mac machine. If you don’t have it already installed, you will need to purchase and download the PDFelement Standard or Pro version for Mac. Visit the website, buy, and install PDFelement on your device. Then launch it from its desktop shortcut or via the Dock.
2. Open the Source File – Now, open the PDF file that you want to convert. At the home screen of Wondershare PDFelement, there will be a list of recently closed files as well as an Open File link at the bottom. Choose a file from the recent list or click on the Open File link if there are none. Browse to the file location through the pop-up window and open the target PDF file.
3. Select the Output File Format – Once the file is opened in the software, you can begin the conversion process. Select the File menu from the Menu Bar situated at the top of the application. Click on the Export To option from the drop-down File menu. There will be multiple choices available to the user. The most popular of these will include:
- Word – For converting the PDF to a Word file.
- Excel – For converting the PDF to an Excel spreadsheet.
- PowerPoint – For converting the PDF to a PowerPoint presentation.
- Image – For converting the PDF to an image.
- To Text – For converting the PDF to a text file.
As we want to convert PDF to PowerPoint on Mac, click on the PowerPoint option. You can select another file type if required.
If you are using a scanned or image-based PDF file, Wondershare PDFelement Pro will show an OCR Text Recognition Prompt when you open a file. OCR or Optical Character Recognition technology can convert the text in scanned files or images into an editable format. The same is not required for PDF files that contain editable text. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology is not available in the Standard variant of PDFelement. You will be able to turn scanned PDFs into PowerPoint files but can’t edit the text with it.
To convert a PDF file containing a scanned document into an editable PPT, you will be prompted to enable the OCR function after opening the file. Users may have to download OCR if they have not done the same. Click on the Download button in the prompt box. Next, press the Perform OCR button, following which you will be asked to select the Document Language and a few other settings. Wondershare PDFelement Pro can recognize many languages using OCR, including English, French, Italian, and German. Users may skip OCR recognition if they don’t need it.
4. Choose Output File Name – A new pop-up window will appear on the screen, prompting you to choose the filename and the save location. It also allows you to set a couple of file properties. Use the default settings or change them as required.
The first file property that you can change is Image Quality. You can choose the default image quality or increase/decrease it as desired. Higher image quality files, i.e., those with a higher DPI, will be larger, while lower image quality files will be smaller in size.
The second is OCR recognition. Use it if the PDF contains a scanned document or images with text, and you want to edit it.
5. Convert the PDF file to PowerPoint – Finally, click on the Convert button located at the bottom right corner of the screen. Wondershare PDFelement will convert the PDF to PowerPoint on Mac and save it to the target location.
Batch Processing Files with Wondershare PDFelement to Convert PDF to PowerPoint on Mac
Many times, users may need to convert a bunch of PDF files to PowerPoint presentations. Wondershare PDFelement supports batch processing of files for the same. If you want to convert multiple PDFs to PowerPoint presentations, you can use the batch processing option. However, it is only available in the PDFelement Pro version.
- Click on the Tool icon located on the left column after opening a file in Wondershare PDFelement on Mac. Then select Batch Process to convert multiple files.
- From the new pop-up window, set the Format to PowerPoint or another file type as required. If you want to change OCR Settings, then select the checkbox in front of the option. Choose the Document Language and Quality according to your needs.
- Next, click on the Add button located towards the bottom to select the files to be converted. You can select multiple files at the same time.
- Finally, click on Apply, and wait for the batch processing to be finished.
The above steps inform how users can batch process files with Wondershare PDFelement to Convert PDF to PowerPoint on Mac.
Both the Standard and Pro versions of PDFelement can convert PDFs to PowerPoint, Word, or Excel files. The Pro version offers OCR, batch processing, and a few other features. A perpetual license for the Standard version costs $79, while the Pro version is available for $159. Alternatively, monthly and yearly subscription plans are also offered.